Cosmetic Dentistry-Types and procedures
The word “cosmetic surgery” sounds very desired now a days. In this modern century, everyone wants to look their best. From wearing tailored dresses to using the variety of cosmetics, everyone does their best to be at the top of their game. So, thereby comes the modern term “Cosmetic Dentistry”. It refers to any dental work that improves the appearance of a person. This procedure includes changing the appearance of a person. This procedure includes changing the appearance of a person’s gums, teeth or bite. But, you should look after that their functionality might not changed or improved. This field of work requires a lot of special training and not all dentist can perform them as they lack the proper training for it.
Cosmetic dentistry types:-
Cosmetic Dentistry include endodontic and periodontics. Some types of cosmetic dentistry are:-
Inlays and Onlays
– These are the indirect feelings which are put inside the rotten or decayed teeth to stop them from further damage. Inlays cover the inside portion of the teeth and onlays cover the outer biting portion. These are mainly made up of gold, porcelain or some other composite materials. So, having gold porcelain teeth is better than having decayed teeth.
– Who likes a yellow, pale smile? The answer is no one. So, teeth whitening has nowadays become very popular among people. It is one of the cheapest dental solution which improves your precious smile. Teeth whitening process mainly includes bleaches. These bleach the yellowness and brings out the whiteness of your teeth.
Cosmetic Dental Veneers
– Veneers are a thin shell of porcelain. Porcelain veneers connect to the front side of the tooth. They can work for a variety of dental conditions such as a crooked teeth, discolored teeth, chipped teeth or maybe to cover the gap between the teeth. So, if anything of the above bothers you, feel free to contact your dentist.
– Nowadays everybody can have batter smile hiding their chipped, broken or discolored teeth. And all the credit goes to the procedure of composite bonding. In this teeth bonding process, a material with the look of enamel is applied into the cavity or onto the surface on the tooth and then sculpted into shape, contoured and hardened with high-intensity light. This material blends invisibly with the rest of the natural teeth to create a healthy and bright smile.
– Yes, you heard it correctly. Even your smile can be manually makeover by a professional dentist by using a comprehensive assessment of your smile aesthetics. This procedure is not a single job but is a combination of multiple jobs such as dental veneers, dental implants, composite bonding, teeth whitening, gingival sculpting, and many others. This is a little expensive but would enhance your personality and look to the best.
– It refers to a resin or ceramic objects which fits over and replaces the entire decayed or damaged tooth above the gum line, restoring its shape, size, strength, and appearance. It called to as a “cap”. Crowns support the decayed or damaged tooth from breaking. They also hold a cracked tooth from falling. So, don’t feel shy about your broken tooth, consult your dentist for the better result.
– These are implants which are made up of titanium and are a replacement tooth roots. These are inserted inside the bone socket of the missing tooth. With time, the jawbone heals and surrounds the replacement and holds it firmly. This firm holding is the foundation for the new replacement tooth. However, these are very effective but might need some time and proper care.
– Dental Bridging is a magnificent work of art. It replaces one or more missing teeth. Abutments make a bridge which is solid in nature. This procedure includes cementing and replacing the missing tooth. Bridges can be of many varieties. One of them is Maryland Bridge. This often replaces affront missing a tooth. Another one is the fixed bridge and this is the hardest to take it out.
– sculpting a gum line is nowadays a common thing. Gum lift sculpts and raises the gum line. Tissue reshaping, bone reshaping are common in this procedure.
So, we learned about the different types of cosmetic dentistry. Now let’s know about the examinations one needs to go through before the procedures begin.
Examinations or seconds include the following:
- Intraoral photographs
- Radiographs (X-Ray)
- Looking through different smile design books
- Impressions of upper and lower teeth
- Tooth color discussion
- Reviewing smile shape
- Reviewing tooth shape
If looking best is your priority and you leave no stone unchangeable. That is to say, it is the best advice to consult your dentist, therefore enhance your look even more.