Keeping your mouth and teeth clean is very important. There are many ways and different types of things that you can use to clean your mouth. The most used method to clean your teeth is Dental Floss and Dental Tape. The purpose of both of these is the same to clean the teeth so you don’t get any bacteria on your teeth. But there have different processes. Some people prefer Dental Floss while others prefer Dental tape. Today in this article we learn which method is best and most effective to clean your teeth.
Why should I floss?
The main reason for flossing is to make sure that the food particles that are stuck in your mouth are taken care of. As the brush has ticker bristle so it can’t reach all the places in your mouth leaving the in-between parts of your teeth untouched. And here comes the dental floss. As dental flosses are thin so they can reach in between your teeth and can take care of the food that is stuck there. It is important to get rid of food particles from your mouth as if these particles are left for a longer time and bacteria can form up on the teeth. And this leads to a cavity in your teeth, this is why it is important to floss your teeth at least once a day.
Flossing is an important part of oral hygiene. By flossing you clean out all the food that stuck in your teeth. By cleaning these Food particles from the teeth there are fewer chances to get bacteria on the teeth. According to research 4 out of 10 American Floss once a day. And 20% of people in America never floss at all. Here are some important steps on how to floss:
- Beak about 18-24 inches of floss from the dental floss. Now hold the floss tight in your hand, and then floss your teeth using your middle fingers. Make sure your grip is tight and only leave about 1-2 inches of Floss for your teeth.
- Place the floss between two teeth and move the floss in up and down motion, keep in mind that don’t rub the floss into your gums. Because floss can damage your gums.
- Repeat the process of flossing for every tooth and make sure that you have clean them well.
If you have braces then follow these instructions when flossing.
- Beak about 18-24 inches of floss from the dental floss.
- Now pass the dental floss from your teeth making sure it is not stuck in braces, then make a tight grip and start flossing.
- When the flossing of the teeth is finished gently remove the floss from your teeth making sure that it doesn’t break in half or stuck in the braces. Because if it does then it could be a painful experience
Dental Tape is a type of Dental Floss, Dental tape is broader and is like a ribbon. Due to the broadness of dental tape, it is much easier as compared to dental floss. Dental tape is specially made for people who have braces. As the dental tape is much easier to handle so, it is really easy to work the way through when you have braces. Many people don’t floss at all because they think that because they have braces, they can’t floss but this is not true. Below is the method on how to floss when you have braces.
Here are tips on how to use a dental tape
- Beak about 18-24 inches of floss from the dental tape.
- Now pass the dental tape from your teeth making sure it is not stuck in braces, then make a tight grip and start flossing.
- When the flossing of the teeth is finished gently remove the floss from your teeth making sure that it doesn’t break in half or stuck in the braces. Because if it does then it could be a painful experience.
Difference Between Dental Tape Vs Dental Floss
As I have said earlier that there is no such difference between dental tape and dental floss. Dental tape is just another type of dental floss. Dental tape is specially made for people who have braces. It doesn’t mean that you can’t use dental tape because you don’t have braces.
Both of these serve the same purpose. It is just a matter of your own choice which one clean your teeth the best. As not all people have some kind of teeth so, that is why there are different types of dental floss so that there is floss for every person. You can use anyone to clean your teeth.
Taking care of your oral hygiene is as important as any other part of your body. As your mouth is the main reason why you can eat food, and if something goes wrong with your teeth then you will be unable to eat. This is why it is important to clean your teeth also. Flossing is the best way to clean your mouth as floss can reach every part of the teeth so, that it can clean your mouth more efficiently. There are many kinds of dental floss like dental tape. All of them have the same purpose to clean your teeth, the difference is just is in their sizes. So, it is your choice to chose whatever floss you want to use.