I’m the Dentist Hughes, today I will teach you how to floss correctly. Dental floss is a fast and effective way to keep your teeth healthy, flossing eliminates plaque and accumulated food particles.
Dentists generally recommend flossing at least once a day. Even using it 2-3 times a week is better than never doing it. It is difficult to learn to use the thread if never before someone taught you.
How to correctly floss your teeth? Step by step.
- Break about 40 cm of dental floss and wind most of it around one of your fingers in the shape of a heart. Roll the remaining part around the same finger of the other hand this finger picks up the floss when it is dirty.
- Leaves the floss well-stretched between the thumbs and indexes.
- Put the thread between your teeth and apply a friction movement, without squeezing the gums.
- When the thread reaches the gums, make a “C” shape with it and fry it over the tooth surfaces.
- Keep the yarn very soft and wet on the side of the tooth, up and down.
- Do not forget the back of the last tooth before the molars.
How Many Times a Day Should Floss?
It is advisable to floss 2 or 3 times a week, what should be done every day is brushing, recent studies revealed that the mouth generates 2 millions of bacteria per hour. It was concluded that you should brush your teeth after every meal.
5 reasons why flossing is extremely important
1.- Your teeth will remain strong
What is worse than having a decay? Have a cavity between two teeth. Eliminate the accumulation of bacteria in those areas of difficult access and will avoid the pain of having to suffer the lathe.
2.-Plaque acts quickly
Not using it for a couple of days gives the bacteria enough time to solidify. The plaque begins to harden in only hours of having eaten and after 48 hours have elapsed, the caries-producing substance is fixed to your teeth, which is best removed with a brush.
3.- The rest of the body will be healthier
Cardiac diseases, stroke, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and even respiratory disease are all linked to gum disease. By maintaining the health of your gums, it will help reduce the risk of contracting these serious diseases or improve your disease if you already have them.
4.-Your gums will stop bleeding
Do not you want to floss because it leaves blood in the thread? Although it may seem contradictory, flossing actually reduces the bleeding of the gums. if you remove the bacteria from the gum line, your body will not send blood cells to the area to fight the infection. The health of your gums is your health!
5.-The use dental floss for two
Pregnant women have an additional reason to floss: gum disease is linked to the births of premature and underweight babies.
Written By :
Author Since: November 25, 2018