Laser teeth whitening has become a savior for a lot of people. If you have yellow teeth then Laser teeth whitening is the best solution for you. Laser teeth whitening can turn your yellow teeth into white teeth again. This is one of the best options which a lot of people opt for.
Other than whitening your teeth Laser teeth whitening has also a lot of other benefits, Laser teeth whitening also takes care of gum disease and tooth decays. This is the reason most people opt for laser teeth whitening. It is a quick and simple procedure there is not that much waiting in between the procedure.
How Laser teeth whitening work
The procedure of laser teeth whitening is simple. The first thing that you want to do is make an appointment with your dentist. A great tip is that you should take care of your oral hygiene before going to the doctor. Brush your teeth or you can also do flossing to make sure that there is no food piece or bacteria left in your mouth.
When you will go for Laser teeth whitening the first thing the dentist will perform is screening. This is done to make sure that you don’t have any kind of gum or tooth sensitivity. If you have a sensitive tooth then your dentist will not recommend you to go through Laser teeth whitening. If you are a pregnant woman or a child then the dentist will also not allow you to have Laser teeth whitening.
Once you have cleared the screening test. The dentist will start the actual procedure. The first step consists of apply whitening gel to your teeth. Your dentist will also apply another gel on your gums to make sure that your gum remains safe for the Laser teeth whitening.
After applying the whitening gel, the dentist will shine a white handheld laser to your teeth. The laser helps to activate the gel through the heat. The gel might also produce a foam when it starts working.
After completing it once your dentist will wait for a few minutes then he/she will apply the whitening of the gel again and repeat the process. The dentist will repeat this process at least three to four times. And the result will be great. Your teeth color will gain back their color.
Pros of Laser teeth whitening
Here are some of the pros of Laser teeth whitening
- It is one of the fastest ways to get noticeably whiter teeth; the effects should be visible within a few hours after the first appointment.
- Removes tough stains that other whitening treatments can’t.
- Some types of laser teeth whitening treatments can be used to lighten just one or a few heavily stained teeth.
- Laser teeth whitening is an easy and non-invasive procedure.
- There are no needles involved and there is generally no pain.
- It’s an extremely affordable procedure most professional dentists should be able to provide some form of laser teeth whitening.
- The results of the laser whitening can last a long time, from 6 months to two years if you take proper care of your teeth.
- The procedure is generally quick, less than an hour in most cases.
- Laser whitening in a dental office is done by professionals.
Cons of Laser Teeth Whitening
Here are the cons of laser teeth whitening
- Laser whitening is one of the most expensive methods of tooth extraction.
- Usually, you’ll need two or more follow-up sessions with additional sessions every year or two to see lasting results.
- Some patients may experience tooth sensitivity or irritation after the laser whitening treatment. These effects should wear off and be kept under control over time.
- Laser whitening treatments performed outside the dentist’s office, such as kiosks in clinics, are typically not done by dentists, so chances are you won’t get the same level of care before and after treatment.
Excessive laser teeth whitening can also cause a lot of damage. If you are doing laser teeth whitening again and again then the whitening gel will be whitening so much that it will become brittle. In some cases, the tooth becomes discolor and also become translucent.
If the damage is once done then you can’t revert it. So, if you are using a home kit of laser teeth whitening then make sure that you don’t overdo it. Because then you will regret it for your entire life.
Some people ask this question that for how much time does laser teeth whitening last. Well, the period of this is not that much and it depends upon your oral hygiene after the procedure. If you taking care of your oral hygiene then it can stay for a year. But if you are not taking care of your oral hygiene then laser teeth whitening will only last for six months which is very less as compared to the price of laser teeth whitening. So, it is better to take care of your oral hygiene so that laser teeth whitening lasts long.
Laser teeth whitening is the best way to get your teeth color back, if your teeth are turning yellow then you can opt for laser teeth whitening. Other than whitening of teeth laser teeth whitening also prevents tooth decay and gum disease. There are also some cons to laser teeth whitening which you can learn about in the article above.