- Restorative dentistry is the study and diagnosis of different diseases of the teeth and their proper management with a fast cure. It is the integrated management of oral health problems and issues.
It restores the functionality of the teeth by using different procedure and done by trained professional dentists. Restorative dentistry is very useful in cases of chipped teeth, discolored teeth, hole in the teeth, decayed teeth.
The different types of restorative dental treatments mention below and with their average costs:
Inlays And average costs
- Inlays – No one likes a rotten tooth and thereby comes the process of inlays. These are indirect fillings which are put inside the rotten or decayed teeth to stop them from further decay. Inlays cover the inside of the teeth. The materials mainly made up of gold and porcelain. The average cost for inlays may cost around $500 to $1000. They stop the decaying of the tooth as long as they sit inside the teeth.
Onlays And average costs
- Onlays – Onlays are also indirect fillings like inlays. They cover the outside of the teeth, unlike inlays which cover the inside of the teeth. The materials used are also pretty same such as gold, porcelain or some other composite materials. The average cost for onlays may range from $600 to $1200 as per the material used. They cover the tooth and save them from further decay.
Veneers And average costs
- Veneers – Dental veneers are made up of thin shells of porcelain. Dental conditions such as crooked teeth, discolored teeth, chipped teeth can be hidden or cure by the usage of dental veneers. They are mainly custom made and are connected to the front of the tooth. The veneers are little costly and can range from $1000 to $1500. But this procedure is very reliable and are recommended by 90% of the dentist. The veneers can last up to 15 years and are very trustworthy.
Porcelain Crowns And average costs
- Porcelain Crowns – Usually termed as “cap” or dental crown. These are resin or ceramic objects which fits over and replaces the entire decayed or damaged tooth above the gum line, restoring its shape, size, strength, and appearance. These are mainly porcelain to connect metal substances. Dental caps act as the best support for a damaged or decayed tooth, that can cost up to $400 to $900 per tooth. They are a definite smile enhancer.
Fixed Bridges And average costs
- Fixed Bridges – Fixed bridges are the most important dental solution when it comes to replacement of a missing tooth or a complete of teeth. These bridges contain porcelain. They are very solid and durable. They can last up to 15 years of taken care properly. Dental bridges give the look of natural teeth and shine as the enamel itself. They can get a little costly but are very much reliable. They cost $1500 to $4500.
Root Canal Treatment – RCT And average costs
- Root Canal Treatment – RCT is the branch of dentistry which deals with the repairmen of the damaged and injected tooth. The therapy takes place when the pulp is damaged. During the therapy, the damaged pulp have to remove, then the inside of the tooth should clean and scaled properly. As the pulp contains blood vessels and nerves, proper cleaning and cautious hands are very essential. Before the RCT, X-ray of the mouth should perform and then local anesthesia should give to numb the teeth and the surrounding parts. While drilling the hole inside the damaged tooth, a latex sheet should give to keep the surrounding clean. At last, the pulp removes and the roots should clean and finally sealed with a rubber-like material. The cost of root canal treatment is around $250 to $1500.
Composite-Tooth colored Dental Fillings And average costs
- Composite-Tooth colored Dental Fillings – These restorations are more natural than amalgam fillings and use for stopping tooth from further damage. Chemically they tie with the teeth. They also help to repair chipped or broken teeth. This filling also uses in cosmetic dentistry to enhance the client’s smile. These fillings are very trustworthy. because chemically they tie with the teeth like an adhesive. These fillings last for more than 10 years. This cost around $200 to $1000.
Amalgam-Silver Dental Fillings And average costs
- Amalgam-Silver Dental Fillings – it uses to cover up cavities caused by tooth decay. This procedure is more than 150 years old and uses to treat millions of patients around the world. Amalgam is actually a mixture of metals, mainly liquid mercury and a powdered alloy composed of silver, tin, and copper. We know about “silver fillings” because of their silver-like appearance. These cost around $110 to $200.
- So don’t sit around crying, chipped or crooked teeth, try to fix it professionally. Book your dentist for an appointment near you today.