For decades dental implants are used to replace any missing tooth. Even if you have more than one missing tooth then the dentist can also replace it with the dental bridge. A dental bridge contains more than one false tooth in it. Here is how a dental implant is done.
- A small titanium post is installed in the gum of your oral cavity
- An abutment is installed to make sure that the crown and the post hold with each other
- Crown is installed on the top of the post
The benefit of Dental Implants
Having a dental implant have a lot of benefits hare are some of the benefits of dental implants.
- One of the biggest benefits of dental implants is to give you your look and charm back. If you have a broken tooth you know how bad it looks but a dental implant can replace that. As most dental implants are of the same color as your teeth so they look natural and it is difficult to notice a dental implant by another person.
- Dental implants are long-lasting. Dental implants are made up of durable material and they are the best option for you if you have lost one of your teeth. But keep in mind that they are not everlasting. Dental implants last about 10-12 years.
- There is a high success rate when it comes to dental implants. There are almost no complaints when it comes to dental implants. So, the chances of going anything wrong in dental implants are pretty low.
- Dental implants give you the ability to eat again. If you have one of your teeth missing then it could be very hard for you to eat or talk properly. But after dental implants, you can easily eat and talk again with your friend and family.
The truth about Dental Implants
There are a lot of myths about dental implant and in this article, we will uncover these myths and tell you the truth about dental implants
Dental Implants Don’t Work for Most People
If you are doing research of your own on dental implants then it is likely that you will find out that dental implants are not for everyone for they don’t work for many people. But this is not true and it is just a myth. The truth is that most people found dental implants nice and the success rate of dental implants is also more than 95%. There is almost no one who has faced a bad outcome after he/she has gone through dental implants. Of course, the first couple of weeks can be hard as it takes some time to get used to the implants but other than that dental implants are fine and they change the lives of people.
If my Jawbone isn’t Strong Enough I Can’t Get Dental Implant Surgery
Another myth that you will listen to is that if your jawline is not strong then you should not opt for dental implants. Well, this is not true. If your jawline is not strong enough to hold an implant then the dentist will perform a surgery where he will take a small bone and fit it into the dental implants making your jawline stronger. This surgery will make your jawline stronger for a couple of months.
Dental implants require more work
There is some rumor that if you have dental implants then you will need to give them more attention as compare to your natural teeth. Well, the truth is that even your natural teeth require attention. When you go for dental implants then after the surgery for at least the first week you have to give extra attention. You have to eat the right things and clean your teeth. So, that no bacteria attack them. But after some time everything turns back to normal so you need extra care for your dental implants. But if you need to take care of your natural as well as dental implants then make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss them once a day.
Dental Implants are Expensive
I have listened to many people saying that dental implants are expensive and not all people can afford them. Well, it is also not true. Some dental implants are expensive but others are affordable and totally in the range of a common man. If you want to find the price difference between all the types of dental implants then you can find them online on various sites or you can visit the dentist personally.
Whenever you listen to a myth about anything you must do proper research on it before spreading that myth to another person and start believing it.
Dental implants are the way to get back your smile. If you are missing one or many teeth in your oral cavity then you can opt for dental implants. Dental implants will help you to get back all of your teeth. Also, dental implants are of the same color as your teeth so it will difficult for anyone to notice your dental implants. There are also many myths about dental implants which you can find above in the article. Also find what is the truth about the dental implants above in the article.